An energy assessment was performed for the Helms Brothers property located at 40-01 168th Street in Flushing, New York to identify energy efficiency measures which, when implemented, would make the property more efficient in terms of energy usage.
This Report was also prepared pursuant to the requirements of New York City Local Law 87 requiring that all buildings in New York City having over 50,000 square feet of gross floor area be audited for energy and water usage every ten years.
The procedures and methods used in the analysis for this Report meet or exceed the requirements of ASHRAE Level II Energy Evaluation including energy simulation for the boilers, which meets the requirements of ASHRAE Level III Energy Evaluation. As such, this Report has been designed to satisfy and exceed the Energy Audit requirements of Local Law 87.
The building was originally a warehouse and was constructed in 1952. The property was renovated and converted to a service facility by Helms Brothers in 2004.
- The building used 5,051,927 kBtu of energy
- The energy usage, excluding water, equated to $185,500
- The building Energy Utilization Index (EUI) is 93.7 kBtu/Ft2
- The study came up with 4 Energy Efficiency Measures
- A total of $42,323.01independent energy efficiency measures were identified
Benefits & Savings
Date Completed: July 2013
Annual Energy and Cost Savings:
- Electricity Savings: 119,145 kWh
- Gas/Fuel Savings: 0 therms
- Total Cost Savings: $27,754.50