The following Energy Assessment was performed on behalf of Renaissance Properties at 260 Fifth Ave to identify energy efficiency measures that, when implemented, would make the property more efficient in terms of energy usage.
The procedures and methods used in this analysis exceed the requirements of an ASHRAE Level II Energy Evaluation. Moreover, this Report has been designed to satisfy the Energy Audit requirements of New York City Local Law 87
The property at 152-02 Baisley Blvd is a 61,600 SqFt industrial warehouse constructed in 1988 and located in Jamaica Queens. This is a red brick two story building with a garage basement. The tenant controls, operates and maintains the equipment in the building. The tenants have their own meters are responsible for their own utility bills.
The building has two double vestibule entranceways with a glass and aluminum door. The roof is an asphalt rolled roof. The tenant heating and air conditioning consists of a packaged rooftop unit with gas heat. The hot water is produced through electric hot water heaters controlled by the tenant. There is common area lighting in the garage and outside perimeter. Both UPS and Federal Express are tenants of this building.
- F For FY11, the building used 4,655,876 kBtu of energy
- The energy usage, excluding water, equated to $43,410.31
- The building Energy Utilization Index (EUI) is 71.63 kBtu/Ft2
- The national Median Energy Utilization Index (EUI) is 111 kBtu/Ft2
- The target EUI is 67 kBtu/Ft2, which is a 6% improvement
- The study came up with 19 Energy Efficiency Measures
- A total of $150,641 independent energy efficiency measures were identified
Benefits & Savings
Date Completed: December 2012
Annual Energy and Cost Savings:
- Demand Savings: 1496.11 kW
- Electricity Savings: 325,834.21 kWh
- Gas/Fuel Savings: 2703.8 therms
- Total Cost Savings: $150,640.91