The following Energy Assessment was performed on behalf of American Gardens at 123-27 Merrick Blvd to identify energy efficiency measures that, when implemented, would make the property more efficient in terms of energy and water usage.
The procedures and methods used in this analysis exceed the requirements of an ASHRAE Level II Energy Evaluation. Moreover, this Report has been designed to satisfy the Energy Audit requirements of New York City Local Law 87
The American Gardens at 123-27 Merrick Blvd is located in Queens New York. The building was constructed in 1971 out of red brick and has a flat rolled silver coated roof. The building is three stories on slab with 80 apartments. There are about 240 people occupying the building which is continuous. The front of the building has a southern exposure.
- For the past 12 months, the building used 4,703,438 kBtu of energy
- The building Energy Utilization Index (EUI) is 91.68 kBtu/Ft2
- The study came up with 12 Energy Efficiency Measures
- A total of $26,658.00 independent energy efficiency measures were identified
- The simple payback for all measures, excluding windows and roof is 7.9 years
Benefits & Savings
Date Completed: April 2013
Annual Energy and Cost Savings:
- Demand Savings: 31.8 kW
- Electricity Savings: 12,089 kWh
- Gas/Fuel Savings: 13,420 therms
- Total Cost Savings: $26,658