The following Energy Assessment was performed on behalf of Brookford, LLC at 315 Central Park West in Manhattan (the “Property”) in order to identify energy efficiency measures that, when implemented, would make the Property more efficient in terms of energy usage.
The procedures and methods used in this analysis exceed the requirements of an ASHRAE Level II Energy Evaluation. Moreover, this Report has been designed to satisfy the Energy Audit requirements of New York City Local Law 87
In addition, this report encompasses a detailed evaluation and analysis of all aspects of building energy (electricity, fuel oil and natural gas) as well as energy efficiency measures in connection with the building’s main components including heating, lighting, electric motors, air conditioning and building envelope.
The property at 315 Central Park West is a 109,769 SqFt multifamily building constructed in 1911 and located in Manhattan. This is a brick twelve story building with a cellar and sub-cellar. There are forty-five residential units and four professional offices with an occupancy of approximately 200 people. The tenants have their own meters, located in the basement, and are responsible for their own utility bills.
The building has a double vestibule entranceway with a glass and aluminum door. The roof is an asphalt rolled roof. The base building consists of an Oil Fired Steam Boiler that is a single pipe system. The hot water is produced through a coil in the boiler. There is common area lighting in the basement, lobby, corridors, and outside perimeter.
- For the past 12 months, the building used 5,803,627 kBtu of energy
- The building (excluding tenants)Energy Utilization Index (EUI) is 56.46 kBtu/Ft2
- The study came up with 13 Energy Efficiency Measures
- A total of $154,980.00 independent energy efficiency measures were identified
- The simple payback for all measures is 7.1 years
Benefits & Savings
Date Completed: September 2013
Annual Energy and Cost Savings:
- Peak Demand Savings: 53.4 kW
- Electricity Savings: 38,039 kWh
- Gas/Fuel Savings: 32,542 therms
- Total Cost Savings: $154,980