The following Energy Assessment was performed for the multifamily property located at 1419 Shakespeare Ave, Bronx, New York to identify energy efficiency measures which, when implemented, would make the property more efficient in terms of energy and water usage.
This Report was also prepared pursuant to the requirements of New York City Local Law 87 requiring that all buildings in New York City having over 50,000 square feet of gross floor area be audited for energy and water usage every ten years.
The procedures and methods used in the analysis for this Report meet or exceed the requirements of ASHRAE Level II Energy Evaluation including energy simulation for the boilers, which meets the requirements of ASHRAE Level III Energy Evaluation. As such, this Report has been designed to satisfy and exceed the Energy Audit requirements of Local Law 87.
The building was constructed in 1927 and is owned and managed by High Bridge Community Development Corporation. This is a 69,786 square foot multifamily apartment building that consists of 65 apartments. The building is located on 1419 Shakespeare Avenue in Bronx, New York. This is a six story apartment building with an elevator, spacious apartments, and coin operated laundry.
- The building used 7,849,634 kBtu of energy
- The energy usage, excluding water, equated to $167,296
- The building Energy Utilization Index (EUI) is 112.48 kBtu/Ft2
- The study came up with 6 Energy Efficiency Measures
- A total of $35,212.72 independent energy efficiency measures were identified
Benefits & Savings
Date Completed: June 2013
Annual Energy and Cost Savings:
- Electricity Savings: 53,048 kWh
- Gas/Fuel Savings: 1,732.9 therms
- Total Cost Savings: $35,212.72