The Energy Assessment was performed on behalf of Benedict Properties at 3025 Godwin Terrace to identify energy efficiency measures that, when implemented, would make the property more efficient in terms of energy and water usage.
The procedures and methods used in our analysis exceed the requirements of an ASHRAE Level II Energy Evaluation. Moreover, this Report has been designed to satisfy the Energy Audit requirements of New York City Local Law 87
In addition, our report encompasses a detailed evaluation and analysis of all aspects of building energy (electricity, fuel oil and natural gas) as well as energy efficiency measures in connection with the building’s main components including heating, lighting, electric motors, air conditioning and building envelope.
Approximately 50% of the evaluations for retrofits for energy and water saving measures have paybacks that are considered to be economic. Measures with medium to long paybacks are included for informational purposes and should not be considered as recommended for economic reasons alone.
The property at 3025 Godwin Terrace is a 65,250 sq ft multifamily building constructed in 1926 and located in the Bronx. This is a brick five story building with a cellar. There are sixty-three apartments with occupancy of approximately 250 people. The tenants have their own meters, located in the basement, and are responsible for their own utility bills.
- For the past 12 months, the building used 4,757,261 kBtu of energy
- The building Energy Utilization Index (EUI) is 72.91 kBtu/Ft2
- The study came up with 12 Energy Efficiency Measures
- A total of $22,317.00 independent energy efficiency measures were identified
- The simple payback for all measures, excluding window treatments and roof is 3.8 years
Benefits & Savings
Date Completed: May 2013
Annual Energy and Cost Savings:
- Peak Demand Savings: 28.1 kW
- Electricity Savings: 22,878 kWh
- Gas/Fuel Savings: 7,964 therms
- Total Cost Savings: $22,317