The following Energy Assessment was performed on behalf of Park Front Apartments at 435 Central Park West in Manhattan (the “Property”) in order to identify energy efficiency measures that, when implemented, would make the Property more efficient in terms of energy usage.
The procedures and methods used in this analysis exceed the requirements of an ASHRAE Level II Energy Evaluation. Moreover, this Report has been designed to satisfy the Energy Audit requirements of New York City Local Law 87
In addition, this report encompasses a detailed evaluation and analysis of all aspects of building energy (electricity, fuel oil and natural gas) as well as energy efficiency measures in connection with the building’s main components including heating, lighting, electric motors, air conditioning and building envelope.
The property at 435 Central Park West is a 115,776 SqFt multifamily building constructed in 1930 and located in Manhattan. This is a brick seven story. There are 120 residential units and a daycare with occupancy of approximately 500 people. The tenants have their own meters, located in the basement, and are responsible for their own utility bills.
The building has a double vestibule entranceway with a glass and aluminum door. The roof is an asphalt rolled roof. The base building consists of an Oil Fired Steam Boiler that is a single pipe system. The hot water is produced through a coil in the boiler. There is common area lighting in the basement, lobby, corridors, and outside perimeter.
- For the past 12 months excluding apartments, the building used 6,338,241 kBtu of energy
- The building Energy Utilization Index (EUI) is 57.04 kBtu/Ft2
- The study came up with 16 Energy Efficiency Measures
- A total of $136,724.00 independent energy efficiency measures were identified
- The simple payback for all measures is 9.2 years
Benefits & Savings
Date Completed: October 2013
Annual Energy and Cost Savings:
- Peak Demand Savings: 82.6 kW
- Electricity Savings: 55,947 kWh
- Gas/Fuel Savings: 28,265 therms
- Total Cost Savings: $136,724