The following Energy Assessment was performed on behalf of Quality Mills Work Corporation in order to identify energy efficiency measures that, when implemented, would make the Property more efficient in terms of energy and water usage.
The procedures and methods used in this analysis exceed the requirements of an ASHRAE Level II Energy Evaluation. Moreover, this Report has been designed to satisfy the Energy Audit requirements of New York City Local Law 87.
Quality Mills Work Corporation owns and operates the building at 425 Devoe Avenue, Bronx, NY 10460 since 1939. The two story brick building is 50,000 square feet and was built in 1939. The building has an office space, which are approximately 600 square feet and a factory which is 49,400 square feet. According to the owner, the building is open from 8 AM to 4 PM Monday to Friday.
- For FY11, the building used 964,173 kBtu of energy
- The energy usage, excluding water, equated to $36,496.24
- The building Energy Utilization Index (EUI) is 19.28 kBtu/Ft2
- The national Median Energy Utilization Index (EUI) is 82 kBtu/Ft2
- The target EUI is 18 kBtu/Ft2, which is a 6.64% improvement
- The study came up with 4 Energy Efficiency Measures
- A total of $5,995 independent energy efficiency measures were identified
- The overall simple payback for the measures is 2.4 years
Benefits & Savings
Date Completed: April 2013
Annual Energy and Cost Savings:
- Peak Demand Savings: 2.9 kW
- Electricity Savings: 8,831 kWh
- Gas/Fuel Savings: 47 therms
- Total Cost Savings: $2,223