The following Energy Assessment was performed on behalf of Renaissance Properties at 632 Broadway to identify energy efficiency measures that, when implemented, would make the property more efficient in terms of energy and water usage.
The procedures and methods used in this analysis exceed the requirements of an ASHRAE Level II Energy Evaluation. Moreover, this Report has been designed to satisfy the Energy Audit requirements of New York City Local Law 87.
632 Broadway is a twelve story building that was constructed in 1900. Renaissance Properties, who owns and manages the building, is located on the premises. This is an office building with a retail tenant. The building has a cellar and sub-cellar where the boiler is housed. The power for the building is sub-metered to the tenants who also control and maintain their air conditioning equipment. The base building is responsible for a gas fired steam boiler and the distribution system.
- For the past 12 months, the building use 12,113,339 kBtu of energy
- The electric usage equated to $471,668 with sub-metering of tenants employed
- The building Energy Utilization Index (EUI) is 86.66 kBtu/ft²
- The target EUI recommended by portfolio manager is 71 kBtu/ft² which represents an 18% reduction in energy
- The study came up with 8 Energy Efficiency Measures
- A total of $23,872.36 independent energy efficiency measures were identified
- The simple payback for all measures, excluding hot water heater and skylights, is 3.65 years
Benefits & Savings
Date Completed: January 2013
Annual Energy and Cost Savings:
- Electricity Savings: 39,249 kWh
- Gas/Fuel Savings: 8,406.518 therms
- Total Cost Savings: $23,872.36