The following Energy Assessment was performed on behalf of Renaissance Properties at 260 West 40th Street to identify energy efficiency measures that, when implemented, would make the property more efficient in terms of energy and water usage. The procedures and methods used in this analysis exceed the requirements of an ASHRAE Level II Energy Evaluation. Moreover, this Report has been designed to satisfy the Energy Audit requirements of New York City Local Law 87.
264 West 40th Street is located in midtown south and is a beige brick building that is 20 stories tall with a footprint of 100 feet by 66 feet and just under 140,000 SqFt in area. The building has multiple setbacks and was constructed in 1927. Currently, the building has dual pane aluminum thermal break windows. This is an office building that operates during normal business hours of 8 to 5 Monday to Friday with some Saturday hours. There is a maximum allowable occupancy of 610 people performing normal office work. There are currently 20 tenants in the building.
Moreover, the tenants have their own individual electric meters and are responsible for their own air conditioning equipment and lighting. The base building maintains the central heating system, lobby and building envelope consisting of the walls, windows and roof.
- For the past 12 months, the building used 9,727,670 kBtu of energy
- The gas usage equated to $42,999
- The electric usage equated to $28,433
- The building Energy Utilization Index (EUI) is 98.88 kBtu/Ft2
- The target energy score from portfolio manager is 74 kBtu/Ft2 which represents a 25% reduction in energy
- The study came up with 10 Energy Efficiency Measures
- A total of $20,803 independent energy efficiency measures were identified
- The simple payback for all measures, excluding window treatments, roof and elevators, is 2.77 years
Benefits & Savings
Date Completed: January 2013
Annual Energy and Cost Savings:
- Demand Savings: 8.33 kW
- Electricity Savings: 14,280.47 kWh
- Gas/Fuel Savings: 8,715.8 therms
- Total Cost Savings: $20,803.22